Friday 31 December 2010

The 12 Lessons of 2010. The Year that Was.. (Part 3 of 3)


New country, new life, new job, new industry. It has been a dithyrambic journey. I have discovered skills I never thought I had and new opportunities I never thought were available. I have met a few Pinoy clients who were very supportive of me, a technical newbie. I have a boss and teammate who are experts in the field yet always willing to share their knowledge and expertise.

While I terribly miss seeing colors, creative copies, and photoshoots, I am trying to enjoy this newfound career while the scent of flowers still linger.


I thank the Lord for the gift of new friends. I have only known them for a while yet I already consider them my family. Both SE and LOJ played a major role in my decision to take that big leap of faith. Together with my family, they were the key people who prayed for me (and my survival). They also taught me the value of community, of sharing yourself, of being each other’s reinforcement. I believe we have already formed a bond that will last us a few hundred years more.

 
I was once a contrabida and I seriously regret being one. It has been 2 glorious years since sanity took over. The wounds have been healed already and fondest acceptance has been extended to that part of me I used to hate. In an unexplainable way, that experience has molded into someone I will always be proud of. I am that someone whose spirit remained unscathed, no matter how torn I became emotionally.

I am now living my life the way I should have had (sans the unexpected turn). I am happy. Mistakes can be corrected and one can be restored, indeed.


I believe I have transitioned to a different person and this is because, over the course of this year, I have experienced love in so many ways. Divine love, parental love, sibling love, platonic love, and romantic love—I have experienced them all this year (and still experiencing them right this very moment). I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: My love tank is full.

And I intend to continue spreading the grace of love.. because I can give.. because I have.



Year 2010 had been a series of love-hate relationships with people, career, and my own self. I have discovered new strengths, and weaknesses. I thank God for the wisdom to have been able to discern the right path and for the flexibility of being able to journey through it. To end this note, let me post the top seven blessings I am thankful for this year:
1. Family
2. Nikki, Joni, Mia, Cli
3. SE family – sheps and best friends (you guys are too many)
4. LOJ family – Alde family and best friends
5. Arvin and Candy
6. GFS Family – bosses and teammates
7. My current boss and teammate

Looking forward to more blessings this coming year. Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment