Tuesday 12 April 2011

FoodEx: Beaming Beancurd


I wasn't particularly looking for a Beancurd House as I am already content with the grocery and soybean kiosks for my much-needed soya fix. I was too early for a meeting and so I looked for a nearby coffee shop to do some work while waiting. Out of curiosity (and the sight of the lovely egg tarts), I checked out this hole-in-a-wall store, Rochor Beancurd House, which became an instant favorite!

Presenting.. My 
recent
 discoveries:
20110412-043001.jpg
20110414-023631.jpg

1. Portuguese Egg Tart: Flaky crust, creamy custard filling. Just the right sweetness..
2. Tofu Fries: Crisp and softness in every bite! This lightly breaded tofu fingers is topped with a dash or two of cinnamon and chili powder. Never expected it to be so addicting!
3. Sweetened Bean Curd (Hot or Cold): Similar to our taho but without the sago. Silky smooth texture, sweetened by a light sugar syrup. So simple yet satisfying..

I have yet to try the other items on their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment